21st-29th October 2019
Bitola, North Macedonia
The Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., is look for participants to take part in the exchange STOP Violence.
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
In order to understand domestic violence on children and society at all, it is important to enter the world of domestic violence. Domestic violence includes many forms of physical and emotional abuse, as well as neglect carried out by family members. It may include a single act of violence, or a number of acts that form a pattern of abuse. Domestic violence can have serious and sometimes fatal consequences for victims, especially for children, and for those who see or hear the violence. The consequences that children have in living in such an environment affect the formation of their personality. Children who have grown up in families where there is domestic violence over time show deviant behavior. The activities planned in the training enable the participants to raise the level of their knowledge about this topic through them. Becoming aware of this problem will contribute to early detection of cases of domestic violence as well as prevention of it. Children of abuse feel isolated and vulnerable. They are starved for attention, affection and approval. Because mom is struggling to survive, she is often not present for her children. Because dad is so consumed with controlling everyone, he also is not present for his children. These children become physically, emotionally and psychologically abandoned. Our main purpose in this project is to raise awareness among young people about this problem in our societies. Sumnal study addresses Romani women’s experience with domestic violence and their knowledge of the victim services. With this research, we had found out that in Romani’s families, domestic violence is more represented. For this reason, the accent of this project is preventing and recognizing domestic violence in Roma population.
– European Youth workers, involved in work with Roma people od other
minorities, youth programs, nonformal activities on a daily basis.
– Preference will be given to the teachers who are working in schools with young
children with special emphasis on children from marginalized groups
– People who work with children
– Motivated people who will contribute to this project with their knowledge and
also who will contribute to increase the development of these target groups.
– We will take into consider people who doesn’t have too much experience, but
are willing to work with this kind of groups
– Willingness to disseminate and multiply the results of the project in their
– Be present and have an active participation on all sessions
– Show initiative and interest in the topic and follow up activities
– 30 participants, 3 per country
– Language: English Intermediate
– Age: 20+
More information in the Infopack – STOP Violence
If you have any question or want to apply write to: email@example.com.
The Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., is supported by: