The “ARTephemeral in School Education” project is the result of the collaboration between 6 different organizations within the educational community from Slovenia, Turkey, Italy and Spain.
The aim is to promote the inclusion of students, especially those with fewer opportunities within the school environment, in the development of key entrepreneurial competences through art and the use of new technologies to meet the demands of an increasingly globalised and technological society and labour market. On the other hand, we want to improve the educational quality, providing the school personnel with tools for the teaching of ephemeral art that can be applied to different subjects at school and/or as part of the Visual and Plastic Arts curriculum.
Moreover, the objective is to promote Ephemeral Art as a tool of expression that will allow the students to communicate the consequences, feelings, and emotions that the impact of COVID-19 has produced on their lives, and has meant for them both on a personal and social level, in the school and family environment, and the impact that it may also have on their future on a professional level.
The project will be implemented by a partnership of different organizations within the educational community from Spain, Italy, Slovenia, and Turkey. Among the six partners involved in this project, there are three non-profit organisations, with a wide experience in European projects and in the field the development of new educational methodologies that promote art and creativity as tools of inclusion and prevention of school dropouts:
- AIDEJOVEN (Spain) the coordinating organization, has a long history of working in the field of youth through new educational methodologies within non-formal and informal education, such as the use of new technologies, the promotion of cultural and artistic activities, theatre and social circus, directed to improve civic and social competences between young people.
- LKL Association (Italy) is a non-profit organisation active in the field of education, research of innovative tools through non-formal education, assistance to families and professionals in the care of young people who are disadvantaged or show social and/or psychological problems, and/or problems related to school education and early drop-out. It maintains a permanent network of collaborators between schools in Italy and Europe with a strong involvement in their region. Its president is also responsible for the “YOUTH INFORMATION POINT”, which depends on the Municipality of Vasto.
- EPEKA Slovenia (Slovenia) is a scientific and research association for art, cultural and educational programs and technology. Their activities are closely connected with promoting the rights of vulnerable groups, especially youth and women. They perform various educational activities for young people with fewer opportunities, through the creation of new educational tools, in order to enhance their key skills and competencies and bring them closer to the job market.
On the other hand, there is a public institution at regional and local level:
- MÜDÜRLÜĞÜ VE SOSYAL POLİTİKALAR MÜDÜRLÜĞÜ ANKARA MÜDÜRLÜĞÜ POLİTİKALAR. Provincial Directorate of Family and Social Policies of Ankara (Turkey), decides on social policies related to family, women, children, the elderly and the disabled. They develop and implement policies related to social services and solidarity at and collaboration between other institutions and NGOs. They have extensive experience in European projects. In addition, as a public institution, it has resources and contacts with those responsible for educational competences with whom it works in collaboration.
And two Educational Centres:
- CEIP SEIS DE DICIEMBRE Public Centre for Primary Education (Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid).
- POLO LICEALE STATALE “R. MATTIOLI Public Centre for Secondary Education in Vasto, Italy.
There will be in total 6 transnational meetings: 4 face-to-face and 2 via videoconference. The meetings will take place during the 2 years of the project’s duration coinciding with the design, development and presentation of the intellectual product. The main objective is to establish a roadmap for future actions, specifying the dates of the next online and transnational meetings.
June 2021 – 1st Kick-off Video Conference Meeting
October 2021 – Duration 3 days (1 trip) 2nd Transnational Meeting (Vasto, Italy)
January 2022 – Duration 3 days (1 trip) 3rd Transnational Meeting (Maribor, Slovenia)
June 2022 – 4th Transnational Video Conference Meeting
October 2022 – 5th Transnational Video Conference Meeting
February 2023 – 3 days (1 trip) 6th Transnational Meeting (Madrid, Spain)
During the implementation of the project, various activities are planned.
- Training Activity for the teacher
The first one is the Training Activity for the teachers, whose aim is to accomplish the improvement of educational quality by providing a Methodological Guide for the teaching of Ephemeral Art in the school environment. During the learning activity, the teachers will be trained in design software and 3D modeling as well as other technological tools in order to facilitate the teaching and development of projects with students. The artistic component will be conceived as a tool to improve the key skills of students. At the end of the training, the teachers will have to develop a project which involves ephemeral art, that will be put into practice in their educational centers in order to test the methodological approach that they assimilated and to transmit their new knowledge to the students.
- Implementation of Art Ephemeral projects in schools
The second activity will involve the implementation of Art Ephemeral projects in schools. This activity is essential to demonstrate how relevant is the application of Ephemeral Art as a tool for the development of the 8 key competences for Lifelong Learning. The teachers will have four months to implement Ephemeral Art projects in their schools, promoting collaborative activities and work in multidisciplinary teams that will enforce the social and civic competences of the students. The students will improve their communication skills both in their mother tongue and in foreign languages. During the realization of the project, they will learn how to communicate with their classmates and to establish their duties within the working group: one of them will be in charge of reporting the project, another of documenting it, the other one of making pictures, etc. They will enhance their communication skills in foreign languages since they will communicate with students from other countries. English is the communication language of this project and it will be used for the presentation and the realization of the video of the projects. They will improve their mathematical competencies through calculations, measures in order to use volume as a tool for making artistic sculptures. This activity aims at the personal development of the students through critical thinking and the implementation of interpersonal skills. The ephemeral art helps to transform an idea into reality, which will boost the sense of initiative and entrepreneurship of the students. The realization of the project is related to creativity, innovation, and risk-taking, as well as the ability to plan and manage each phase to achieve their goal. Through this activity, the students will implement their cultural awareness and expression skills, they will recognize and appreciate the importance of the creative expression of ideas, experiences, and emotions through ephemeral art. During the school event activity in each country, all art projects created by the students will be shown through an exhibition, with the participation of their families, public authorities, teachers, etc. An expert committee will evaluate and judge the artworks and will choose the winning team, who will be offered a special award. The winning group will have the opportunity to participate in the Student Exchange Mobility, which is the third activity proposed in the project.
- Student Exchange Mobility
The Student Exchange Mobility will take place in Ankara, Turkey and the students accompanied by the teacher will have the possibility to meet new cultures and people, share ideas and different lifestyles, strengthen European awareness, improve their communication skills in foreign languages through a participatory methodology.
- Multiplier Event
At the end of the project, a Multiplier Event is planned in Spain, in which all the project partners will also participate as the event will take place during the 6th and last transnational meeting in Madrid. This event will take place in the center of the city of Madrid, to promote the accessibility and participation of as many people as possible. The execution will be requested from the hall of events at the European Parliament office in Madrid. The target audience of the multiplier event will be varied, to increase the impact of the project and encourage interest and dissemination of tools and results: educational centres, in particular Primary and Secondary Education; youth organisations; art associations; cultural organizations; members of the Technical Committee for the Elaboration of the Methodological Guide; different media to support the dissemination of the project.
The objectives of the event are:
– To make known the Erasmus+ Programme and its possibilities.
– Presentation of the Methodological Guide for Ephemeral Art teaching.
– Make diffusion of the intellectual product.
It will be divided into several parts:
– Inauguration by the competent authority.
– Presentation of the project, its objectives, activities, intellectual product, results, and impact. AIDEJOVEN as coordinator of the project will be in charge of this part.
We will also count on the participation of different agents involved, such as professionals, teachers, etc. from each country, who will share their own experience and benefits that the project has brought to their students.
The event will be broadcast in streaming after registration by all project partners within their own territory and sphere of influence.
After the closing of the Multiplier Event, all the information, videos, speeches and conclusions will be uploaded to the project website as well as to the websites of each of the partners.
The creation of an intellectual product “METHODOLOGICAL GUIDE FOR EPHEMERAL ART TEACHING IN SCHOOL” is planned, which will design new educational approaches in order to promote the professional development and access to employment of future generations within the cultural and artistic field through the development of key skills and competencies. The target group will be the teachers, who will benefit from the contents during the training activity, as well as the students, which will enjoy the implementation of Art Ephemeral projects in their schools and will develop digital, entrepreneurial, expressive and goal-setting skills through collaborative activities and since the second part will include their projects, dedicating a special space to the winners. In this way, a complete guide is created that includes all the important aspects of this project: activities promoting the inclusion of students, especially those with fewer opportunities within the school environment through informal and non-formal learning (including digital work and the use of new technologies) with a cultural and creative component to help the students to acquire key skills and competences. And providing the teachers with tools for the teaching of ephemeral art that can be applied to different subjects at school and/or as part of the Visual and Plastic Arts curriculum
The Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., is supported by: