23 May, 2016
Štefan Simončič, President of the Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., and Matej Tisaj, Vice President of the Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., attended the event Migrants and the Local Environment in Maribor on Monday, 23 May 2016. Are we ready?
The event was aimed at discussing the dilemmas and fears that arise when welcoming migrants into the local environment. We talked about fears:
- that our way of life will change,
- that we will see more unemployment and pressure on the social/educational system,
- that the level of security will decrease,
- that the religious fabric of Europe would change, and
- that our society may not be able to set clear rules and stick to them.
The main guests of the event were Mag. The keynote speakers were Mr. Franci Zlatar (Head of the Migration Programme, Slovenian Philanthropy), Dr. Franci Jazbec (Project Manager, ODNOS Association), Ms. Nataša Potočnik (Director of the Migration Office in the Directorate for Administrative Internal Affairs, Migration and Naturalisation, Ministry of the Interior) and Mr. Štefan Muraus (Headmaster of the Bojan Ilicha Maribor Primary School).