8 – 14 May, 2022
What connects Monika from Lithuania, Sara from the Czech Republic and Julia from Romania? They all work with young people. The European Erasmus+ programme (learning mobility for youth workers) allowed them to meet 33 other youth workers from 11 countries in Cyprus for the DOTS – Living and learning in a connected world training. The training was hosted by SEAL CYPRUS in Larnaca, Cyprus, from 8 to 14 May.
The training course focused on digital competences and media literacy, which are closely linked and both build on the same basic skill of critical thinking. The training aimed at empowering young people by developing their competences, improving their employability and educating them on digital and media literacy.
The theme of the course was to train youth workers how to become critically engaged media consumers and to acquire the tools to use digital media wisely, safely and ethically.
Youth workers were trained in areas such as using ICT in youth work, monitoring the digitalisation of society, tackling fake news, and planning, designing and evaluating digital youth work.
Participants represented Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic.
Participants had the opportunity to visit the Pierides Museum, where they saw the Pierides family collection, which includes some of the most representative artefacts of Cypriot civilisation.
Our organisation EPEKA was represented by three delegates, Kaja Likar, Polona Hazl and Miro Rosić.
The project is supported by the European Erasmus+ programme.
More information on: https://sealcyprus.org/our-projects/dots/
- SEAL CYPRUS, Cyprus (coordinator) www.sealcyprus.org
- EUROTEAM CZECH REPUBLIC, z.s., Czech Republic http://www.euroteam-cz.webnode.cz
- Euro-Med Jugendverband e.V., Germany www.emyf.eu
- Asociacija “Aktyvus Jaunimas” (Active Youth), Lithuania https://activeyouth.lt/
- YouNet APS, Italy https://www.you-net.eu/
- INSTITOYTO KOINONIKIS KAINOTOMIAS KAI SYNOXIS (Fifty-Fifty), Greece http://www.fifty-fifty.gr
- ASOCIATIA A.S.E.L. RO, Romania http://www.asel.ro
- ADEL Slovakia, Slovakia www.adelslovakia.org
- MTU Islander, Estonia www.estislander.org
- Association “WalkTogether”, Bulgaria http://associationwalktogether.eu/
- The Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., Slovenia https://epeka.si/en/
- Stowarzyszenie POLITES, Poland https://www.polites.org.pl/
The Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., is supported by: