13. – 21 April 2023
Reggio Calabria, Italy
Members of the Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., take part in a youth exchange on youth employment in Italy.
Entrepreneurship is an important driver of economic growth and job creation: it creates new companies and jobs, opens up new markets, improves productivity and creates wealth. Cultures that value and reward entrepreneurial behaviour such as calculated risk taking and independent thinking promote a propensity to develop new solutions to social challenges. It can constitute an important element with regards to the autonomy, personal development and wellbeing of young people. Entrepreneurship, like so many other areas, requires a long-term approach and a strong belief in young people’s capability. To achieve this, there is a need to encourage young people, to instill a spirit of entrepreneurship from early on in life — initiative, confidence, calculated risk-taking, creativity, organisation — in order to develop their full potential and to successfully enter the job market. In aiming to promote youth entrepreneurship, with special focus on social entrepreneurship.
We want to:
- Enhance the employability of the participants via formal, informal and non-formal education;
- Work orientation according with their values, talents and attitudes;
Promoting entrepreneurship, especially social kind, to encourage the youth to take the risk, enhance the critical and divergent thinking to starts a successful career like a manager;
- Promoting European value like inclusion, acceptance, diversity, tolerance, non-discrimination, to make a positive change in the society in particular in the workplaces;
- Promoting tools like Europass CV and Youth Pass, Volunteering projects like Erasmus + and ESC like a experience and knowledge that increase the occupability;
- Promoting cultural awareness and exchange between different Countries as a way to open their mind, enhance creativity and respect other cultures and backgrounds;
- Enhance the soft skills and the digital competences in great demands from Management with a focus on the online reputation;
- Helping youngsters to deal with work problems due to the current corona virus crisis, making them more aware of the limits and possibilities and their own potential.
The Association EPEKA, Soc. Ent., is supported by: