16th to 25th June 2017
EPEKA, Soc. Ent., is a partner in the project “Midsummer Night’s Dream”, which aims to promote solidarity and acceptance of different cultures through studying ancient celebrations. The project activity will take place from 16th to 25th June 2017 in Latvia.
Key goals of the project:
- promoting intercultural relations and learning about different celebrations of the summer solstice throughout Europe;
- organising project activities and using informal learning methods;
- to ensure youth unification, personal development and education during the project
- to organise group and individual activities during the project
- to participate in the organisation of the solstice festival in Daugavpils
- to educate participants about different traditions and customs connected to the solstice and to celebrate the old Latvian solstice festival in a multicultural society
- to popularise the Erasmus+ program and promote European values
The project activity will take place in the Latvian city Daugavpils in the eastern part of Latvia by the river Daugava. With 100.000 inhabitants this is the second largest Latvian city and a crucial cultural centre of eastern Latvia with many historical and cultural sites. More about the location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daugavpils
30 participants coming from 6 different countries will take part in many activities: flash mobs, ice-breaking and team-building, discussions, excursions, presentations, rafting, herb gathering, solstice workshops, national food tasting, making bathbrooms and many other local traditions.
For more information and if you wish to join the project please send an e-mail with a motivation letter and your CV to email@example.com.
The coordinator of the partner organisation: Štefan Simončič, president of EPEKA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator: Daugavpils jauniešu savienība, Latvia
Partners of the project: EPEKA, soc. p. (Slovnia), European Education and Learning Institute (Greece), Associação Move.T+ (Portugal), Keuropa (Finland), FUNDACJA DOBRA WOLA (Poland)
This project is financed by the European Commission. The content of this announcement only expresses the opinions of the author. The National agency and the European Commission are in no way responsible for any use of the information the announcement includes.
Projekt je bil sofinanciran iz EU Erasmus+ programa – Founded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union