17 March, 2020
There is a lot an individual can do to prevent coronavirus infection. The National Institute of Public Health has compiled a list of preventive measures that can be applied in everyday life:
- Avoid close contact with people who show signs of infectious disease.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you do get sick, stay at home.
- Observe cough hygiene rules.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water.
- If soap and water are not available, use a dedicated hand sanitiser to disinfect hands. The ethanol content of the hand sanitiser should be at least 60%. Hand sanitisers are for external use only. – Surface cleaners/disinfectants are not intended for cleaning/disinfecting the skin.
- Avoid confined spaces with large numbers of people during times of increased respiratory infections. Ensure that indoor areas are regularly ventilated.
The project is part-funded by the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities and the European Union through the European Social Fund. The operation is financed under the Operational Programme for the Implementation of the European Cohesion Policy 2014-2020, Priority Axis 9 “Social inclusion and reducing the risk of poverty”, Priority Investment 9.1 “Active inclusion, including the promotion of equal opportunities and active participation, and improving employability”, Specific Objective 9.1.2 “Empowering target groups to move towards the labour market”.